Updated: January 24, 2022
Updated January 10, 2022
The safety, protection and well-being of our residents and staff remain our top priority.
Staff members are wearing proper protective equipment in accordance with applicable regulatory guidelines and best practices. Due to the rise of COVID-19 cases across the state and within our local communities, and at the recommendation from the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), masks are required for all employees, regardless of vaccination status, at all times while indoors at Masonic Villages (all campuses), except when in work spaces or offices alone. In addition, all employees are required to mask when driving with others in Masonic Village vehicles. We also continue to encourage physical distancing in all areas where possible.
- Residents are required to wear masks in public/common spaces.
Campus Guests and Visitors
- Guests of residents are required to wear masks when visiting any indoor area on campus other than the resident’s home. We strongly encourage residents to ensure visitors have been vaccinated.
- All business-related visitors are required to wear masks when visiting any indoor area on campus.
- Resident guests may continue to dine in any of the campus dining restaurants.
- Resident guests may not use the Wellness Center.
- Visitors may use the walking paths, but may not enter buildings unless they are visiting a resident. Visitors must continue to follow the CDC guidelines regarding mask wearing and social distancing.
- The Farm Market and Orchard View Café are open to the public, with guidelines for physical distancing. The Farm Market is open to the public on Fridays and Saturdays, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Sundays, noon to 4 p.m. It is also open for residents and employees only on Thursdays from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. The Orchard View Café is open Fridays and Saturdays, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Masonic Health Care Center/Freemasons Building
We continue to follow recommendations from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), Pennsylvania Department of Health (PA DOH) and Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (PA DHS) for COVID-19 testing of staff and residents, visitation, small group activities and dining services. Screening of residents, including symptom and temperature monitoring, is ongoing and will continue at least daily. Screening of staff (direct care, contracted staff) is also ongoing at the beginning of each shift, including symptom and temperature monitoring. Staff are also asked to self-screen during their shift and immediately suspend work should any symptoms occur.
Visitations in the Masonic Health Care Center and Freemasons Building
- Based on the Department of Health’s recommendations, contact tracing will still be conducted when a case of COVID-19 is identified; however, only those affected will be quarantined.
- Refrain from visiting if you are not feeling well, have recently tested positive for COVID-19, or if you meet the criteria for quarantine in accordance with CDC guidance.
- Visits do not need to be scheduled and may occur in a resident’s room.
- If your loved one resides in a room that is quarantined, you may still visit; however, you will be asked to wear additional PPE. We have residents who are positive for COVID-19 and are residing on our Isolation wing. Visits may still occur; however, you will need to wear additional PPE and be aware that you are visiting an isolation area.
- Please park in front of the building by the gift shop; there is also overflow parking below the gift shop. Enter through the gift shop entrance to get screened, go to your loved one’s room, and transport them back downstairs to enjoy your visit outside anywhere on campus. Please visit during the following: Monday – Friday, between 8 a.m. – 7 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, between 8 a.m. –7 p.m.
- Complete our screening form and a temperature screening.
- Vigorous frequent handwashing and/or use of hand sanitizer prior to and after your visit is appreciated.
- Our staff will provide you with your own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to meet CMS’ guidance of a face covering, including a facemask. Visitors should wear masks and physically distance from other health care personnel and other residents/visitors who are not part of their group at all other times while in the building. Regardless of vaccination status, it is safest for everyone to maintain physical distancing and to wear masks. When visiting in a resident’s room, if all parties are vaccinated and the resident is in agreement, they do not need to wear a mask and may have physical contact (hug) during their visit. Visitors and residents are encouraged to remain masked and practice physical distancing when the local community spread of COVID-19 is considered “substantial or high” according to the CDC.
- Avoid visiting and congregating in common areas such as the living room or dining room and limit movement throughout the facility (i.e. visitors should not walk around the halls).
- You may call our hotline for any updates: 717-481-3330. If you have any questions, please call 717-367-1121, ext. 33027.
Following Your Visit
- Please monitor yourself for signs and symptoms of any respiratory infection for the next 14 days, including fever, shortness of breath, cough, nausea, vomiting, and/or sore throat. If symptoms occur, please call us at 717-367-1121, ext. 33049 for further screening and instructions. If you are calling off-hours, please call ext. 72305 (Masonic Health Care Center visitors) or ext. 72318 (Freemasons Building visitors).